The injury plague strikes again. UFC 152 in Toronto loses its first marquee match-up with Rory MacDonald forced to withdraw from his UFC 152 match-up against BJ Penn. The news was announced by UFC President Dana White during the UFC on FOX 4 post-fight press conference.
MacDonald suffered a cut during a training session that forced him out of the bout. The cut required 38 stitches and can be viewed here. MacDonald is yet to speak out regarding his withdrawal.
Dana White is uncertain what the next move is for BJ Penn, who had specifically requested the match-up with MacDonald after being called out by the 23 year old Canadian.
The UFC 152 updated fight card :
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Demetrious Johnson [Flyweight title bout]
- Michael Bisping vs. Brian Stann
- B.J. Penn vs. TBA
- Matt Hamill vs. Roger Holett
- Cub Swanson vs. Charles Oliveira
- T.J Grant vs. Evan Dunham
- Vinny Magalhaes vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Marcus Brimage vs. Jim Hettes
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Walel Watson
- Sean Pierson vs. Dan Miller
Follow Karim Zidan (@TheFlyingKneeTO) for all the latest MMA news and updates.